Wine Route near Blouberg
For all lovers of the grape, the Durbanville wine route offers 12 award winning wine estates , most also have fantastic restaurants that will expertly pair wines and food flavours for your enjoyment, all within 20 minutes drive of the house.
All are open 7 days a week. All with picturesque settings , so remember your cameras.
You are spoiled for choice for a beautiful brunch spot between Nitida or D'Aria, of course you will need to be tasting their offerings of bubbles, with eggs benedict or even a tasty Banting meal to delight you.
Once you have warmed up and filled your belly with brunch , it's time to ramble along to the other wine farms for some serious tasting of wines and other delicacies.
There are unique wine tasting pairings at the following wine estates:
- Durbanville Hills has a chocolate & wine tasting , as well as a bubbles & oyster tasting
- Hillcrest has olives , olive oil and wine tasting
- Meerdendal , not really a tasting but fabulous spread of cakes and sweet delights for afternoon tea
- Bloemdal offers a tapas platter with the wine tasting , a fantastic way to spend the afternoon, quite often they have live music so check their lineup.
- Nitida offers picnics on the lawn.
Check out the festivals which are a lot of fun and frivolity. There is the Season of Sauignon festival in late October and Soup Sip Bread festival in June.
For other entertainment check out the individual wine farms own sites.
On of the best places to spend the whole day is the Hillcrest Wine farm , with a great resturant and the quarry that has a ski rope and swimming in the quarry during the day. Then a large screen for monthly movies under the stars , with your own picnic or purchase food from the local vendors.